Sunday, March 8, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes!

Photobucket

Lately, I have been writing down the funny things Gryphyn says and Vahns new word.

I thought I would share them in a post.

Photobucket
Photobucket


Are you done sweeping? - "No, I'm still scooting"

"Have to sweep the rug , there are germs on it"

When Vahn woke up from a nap and walked out to the living room - "It's the smalls! Hi Smalls!"

When looking at my prom picture - "I don't want you to be a princess"

"Mommy what's today?" Umm Wednesday "Wednesday? Thats cool"

When apologizing to Vahn - "I'm sorry for saying bad choice words for him"

When I asked him if he was excited to sleep in his own room again - "It's going to be COOL! It's going to be a little scary sleeping in there"

While looking at one of my fitness magazines - "What she doing? Why her not have clothes on?" (she was wearing a swimsuit)

After pausing a movie for a potty break - "Don't pause it back"

"There's Oh Tea Toe" - R2D2 on Star Wars

Zac asked him - Should we ditch you somewhere? "No, I'm not a plate" Not a DISH, Ditch :)

We have been working on not telling everyone to shut up - from the other room, I heard - "Vahn - You shut down"



Photobucket
Photobucket


We taught both of our boys sign language before they could talk - Gryphyn signed a lot more than Vahn does - and now that Vahn is starting to talk more, he isn't signing as much either.

Here is a list of words that he still signs on a regular basis:

Thank you - Sleep - All gone (all done) - Diaper

The following words, he signs AND says together:

Hat - Please - Apple - Milk - Juice

Words that he says:

Mama - Dada - Done - Ball - No - More - Shoe - Owww - Flower - Bye bye - Go -Stop -Snack - Cheese - Apple - Please - Butt

Additional words in his own language:

Ahh Haa (for Yes) - Ba ba (for his pacifier / sucky) - Ba-bis ( for Bob the builder) Shoe - shoe ( for train / choo choo ) and most other things are some sort of version of "Ba-bis" or "shoe shoe"

He is very interested in talking and tries to say the words right when you tell him what something is - but hasn't quite figured out how to make his mouth make all the sounds yet - its cute to watch him try - :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

The Zinn family said...

Wow, you boys sound a lot like mine. I especially love when he thinks that it being Wednesday is cool. Jamie will ask me random things all throughout the day and when I answer, he says the same thing "oh, thats cool" I love it!!! Your boys sound like they are doing great! You are such a great mom. I always admired you in Germany. You were the most put together mom I had ever known. You inspired me to be the prepared mom I am today. Seriously. All your little organized and labled pouches. You always had the most up to date gadgets. I always thought that your kids were never going to have to worry, cause you were always going to be there to make sure they had everything they needed. You awesome!

Ann said...

and I have heard Vahn say NANA and PAPA, too! :-) Love it that he recognized NANA on your Facebook page. Warms my heart!! Did Vahn ever say MIMI?

I found an "OPA" shirt [black tee with HUGE white OPA on the back; small OPA on the front] in Winnipeg. So I brought one back for Dad. The OPA reminded me of his dad.

Trust you had a memorable birthday [besides the Chemo #3 treatment]!!

Hugs/Love, ~mom/NANA

Cari said...

You have the cutest little men EVER. :D