Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The 12 Days of Christmas - Day 1

Once again its been forever since I blogged. Most days I barely have time to check my email so the time dedicated to blogging gets pushed aside. But with today being the 1st of December, I'm more than ready to start my holiday giving and I wanted to share a project I'm doing.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas - everything about it makes me smile - well except maybe the credit card bills :)

My tree has been up for weeks now and I've been listening to Christmas music for well over a month. Several weeks ago I was listening to the all Christmas music radio station in my car while driving to the oncologists office to have my port flushed. On the way there, I heard the song the 12 Days of Christmas for the first time this year. It immediately reminded me of how a friend of mine had given gifts to someone important in her life for 12 days in a row. My entire appointment I couldn't stop thinking about it. So on the drive home I called my friend to find out the details. Then when I got home I looked it up on line. I could hardly stand the excitement. I wanted to start that day but Thanksgiving wasn't even here yet so I had to wait.

Traditionally the 12 days of Christmas begin on Christmas day and go through the 6th of January but there have already been plenty of presents given by then so most people do it as an advent starting on the 13th and going through Christmas Eve. I however couldn't wait that long and thought it would be fun to do it the FIRST 12 days of the month :)

So with today being December 1st, here is what was secretly left last night:




I got a little basket and filled it with little bits of garland (tree) then arranged on top 5 different types of fresh pears, Pear hand soap, Apple - Pear lotion and a little bird ornament. Then I made a little card with a photo I found here and printed the poem I found here

Front of card:



Poem:

Twas the first day of Christmas and all through your house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
'Cept suddenly some little souls did appear,
It is your Christmas friends, bringing you holiday cheer.

Tonight calls for a partridge in your pear tree,
But partridges are tough to catch, as we came to see.
So how bout fresh pears, and an ornamental bird,
These pears are quite tasty, or so we have heard.

Tonight's the first night, and this is where it all starts.
Know that each of these gifts comes straight from our hearts.
Now each night going forward, we'll bring gifts to your door,
The twelve days of Christmas, not one less or one more.

Beware of this warning- your friends will be here,
But you better not look , or we will all disappear.
Then all of your gifts that we've carefully planned,
On some other front porch they will surprisingly land.


Check back tomorrow to see Day 2 "Two Turtle Doves"

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh wow! Super cute!!!!! I am so excited for you to do this, you will have to let me know how it goes.
Love ya~S